Logo. Bay City Rentals

Inspections & Maintenance

Thorough property inspections are undertaken prior and at the commencement and termination of every tenancy this is done with a detailed inspection report with photos and or video so there is no mistake how the property was presented.

We also inspect your property every 13 weeks (or as required by your insurance company).

These inspections and reports, photos and or videos are completed using the latest software on ipad and are sent to you in your secure owners portal. These reports also include recommendations for preventative maintenance, or improvements to ensure optimum rents are maintained.

Bay City Rentals Tga Limited carry out urgent and minor repairs. All maintenance is undertaken by our carefully selected trades people. This is closely monitored to ensure a cost effective job is undertaken. We advise you of any major maintenance requirements as we become aware of them. The extent to which we are involved is dependent on client instructions.
Bay City Rentals Tga Limited fee for this service is 6% plus GST of the total cost of repairs capped at $100 plus GST per work order.

All invoices and work orders are also available through your secure owners portal.


What insurance do I need?

It is up to a landlord to insure their rental property against any damage, either through accident or otherwise. That insurance will usually be for the benefit of the landlord only. A tenant should arrange insurance to protect their contents and liability for damage to the landlordís property.

Advice for landlords
  • Make sure your insurance covers the premises and that the cover is for a rental property. The Residential Tenancies Act 1986 (RTA) requires you to pay the insurance premiums charged for that insurance. 

  • Check exactly what it is covered by your policy. Some insurers offer special landlord insurance cover that includes issues to do with the tenancy (e.g. vacancy periods, damage by the tenant, etc) 
*Bay City Rentals Tga Limited is an approved agent for "REALĒ Landlord Insurance.  
  • Talk to your insurance company about their requirements for making claims. Some insurers require landlords to prove they have conducted a thorough tenancy selection process before honouring damage claims. 

  • You may also choose to insure any chattels in the property that you own and that are listed in the tenancy agreement. Any damage to them will not be covered by the tenantís contents insurance.
Where can I find more information? 

Speak to insurance companies for details on their policies.

For tenancy information visit www.dbh.govt.nz or call 0800 TENANCY (0800 83 62 62).